Did you know?
In the state of Georgia, according to Joshua's Law, all teenagers wanting to get their driver's license at the age of 16 MUST take the 30 hour driver's education course AND complete AT LEAST 6 hours of driving lessons with a certified driver's training school. Here at 1 ACT Driving Schools, you can take care of that all at once! Rather than buying your driving lessons AND paying for the course, we offer a package price that allows you to pay LESS than the normal value of the driving lessons and the course! We also offer the LOWEST prices in the state of Georgia for meeting your Joshua's law requirement!
We have several options for taking your driver's education class, as well as for bundling it with some hours of driving lessons.
Packages and Pricing
|Package Name||Included in Package||Package Price|
|Online Driver's Education Course||30 hour driver's education course online ONLY||$19.95|
|Classroom Driver's Education Course||30 hour driver's education class ONLY||$124|
|Novice Package||30 hour driver's education class
6 hours of behind the wheel driving lessons
|Scholar Package||30 hour driver's education class
8 hours of behind the wheel driving lessons
|Mastery Package||30 hour driver's education course
10 hours of behind the wheel driving lessons
1 FREE defensive driving class for insurance reduction
We currently have 3 upcoming driver's education courses at our Sandy Springs location for you to choose from!
- Fall Class: October 5-8, 2018
- Friday, October 5 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Saturday, October 6 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Sunday, October 7 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Monday, October 8 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Thanksgiving Break Class: November 17-20, 2018
- Saturday, November 17 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Sunday, November 18 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Monday, November 19 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Tuesday, November 20 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Winter Break Class: December 27-28, 2018 & January 3-4, 2019
- Thursday, December 27 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Friday, December 28 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Thursday, January 3 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
- Friday, January 4 (9:00 am-5:00 pm)
I know this seems like it will all be A LOT of money, but having your child take a certified driver's training course can actually help you SAVE money! How is this possible?
- Possible insurance discount--Policies differ between insurance companies, but according to O.C.G.A 33-9-42, taking a driver's education course CAN make you eligible for at least a 10% discount on your car insurance. Call your insurance provider, and if they'll allow you to use the discount, you can send your child's certificate of completion to the company and enjoy the discount!
- Tax credit--According to O.C.G.A. 48-7-29.5, taking a driver's education course with a private company will make you eligible to receive either a tax credit of the amount paid for the course or $150, whichever is less. This can only be used once per child, and is obtained by filling out a tax credit form with the IRS with a copy of the child's certificate of completion. This can only be obtained if your child completes the course with a private company rather than a course taken at a public or private high school or online. Good news--we are a private company, so if your child takes the course with us, you'll be eligible to receive a tax credit!
We teach using AAA's How to Drive: The Beginning Driver's Manual, America's #1 driver's education curriculum. Around 45% of driving schools across the nation use this curriculum, which is over 2,700 schools across the country!
Register for Driver's Education
To purchase your Joshua's Law package or just your driver's education course, click here to choose your class date and package!
You will be redirected to PayPal to complete registration, and can make payments securely online with a credit/debit card.To learn more about the online driver's education course or to register for the online course with 1 ACT Driving Schools, click here.
To learn more about driving lessons with 1 ACT Driving Schools, click here.
To find out what upcoming time slots we have available for driving lessons, call (770) 274-4223 ext. 102 or text (678) 541-8538 and ask for Monica.