Did you know?
You can take your road test using one of the 1 ACT Driving Schools cars! This is perfect for anyone who needs a car with valid car insurance for their road test or anyone who wants an extra hour of practice prior to the road test.
What does taking your driving test with 1 ACT Driving Schools mean for you?
- Use of 1 ACT Driving Schools vehicle—these cars are the same ones used for driving lessons. They have working turn signals, working headlights and taillights, and working horns and will meet all DDS road test requirements. They also come insured and have valid license plates, so they will always be useable for a road test.
- Pre-test practice—you will always get 1 hour of practice time prior to the time of the road test. Practice will start depending on the time of the scheduled road test.
- It's convenient—tests available Tuesday-Saturday from 9:00-5:45 on Tuesday-Friday and 9:00-11:30 on Saturday at any of the DDS customer service center locations listed below.
- It's certified—all cars and instructors are DDS certified
- All DDS testing centers require that everyone arrives 20 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment. You will be picked up an hour before arrival time to allow 1 hour of practice time with our car and instructor.
Should you choose to take your road test with 1 ACT Driving Schools, there's a few things you should know.
We have TWO packages that you can choose from to take your road test.
Road Test Packages
This shows the available road test packages as well as their prices and what each one includes.
|Road Test Package 1||Road Test Package 2|
|Pick up/drop off within our radius ONLY*||Pick up/drop off within our radius ONLY*|
|1 hour of practice prior to test||1 hour of practice prior to test|
|Use of our vehicle and car insurance||Use of our vehicle and car insurance|
|Choose between DDS testing sites:
|Choose between DDS testing sites:
*If you live outside our radius but have been taking lessons from us, pick up/drop off will be wherever you have been meeting our instructors for lessons
To be eligible to take your road test with 1 ACT Driving Schools, you must also meet several requirements.
1 ACT Driving Schools Road Test Requirements
- Must have a valid Georgia learner’s permit or international license (if under age 18, must have permit for AT LEAST 1 year)
- Must take AT LEAST 2 hours of behind the wheel driving lessons with 1 ACT Driving Schools
- Must have approval from one of our driving instructors
- Road test appointment MUST be at one of the listed DDS locations—1 ACT Driving Schools will NOT take you to a location that is not listed
- Must pay for road test at least 48 hours in advance of road test
If you are able to meet all of the requirements and are interested in taking your road test with 1 ACT Driving Schools, fill out the form to the right, and we will contact you shortly to schedule the test with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
The client is responsible for bringing the required documentation for their road test. 1 ACT Driving Schools will provide the car insurance and registration, but will not be responsible for you having all of the necessary documentation. For a list of the Department of Driver Services' required documentation, go to the DDS website.
1 ACT Driving Schools will not be responsible for the $32 license fee required by the DDS. The DDS requires that you pay this fee in order to get your license. More information on the DDS fees can be found here . You will be responsible for paying this fee to get your driver's license.
1 ACT Driving Schools does not guarantee that you will receive your driver's license when you go in to take your road test. We will not allow you to take the test until we believe that you will be able to pass, but do not guarantee or promise that you will pass the test and receive your driver's license; however, we will do our best to prepare you for full test success.